Industrial Hemp Testing
LEGEND Technical Services, Inc. of St. Paul, Minnesota has a vital role in helping hemp growers and state agencies meet their industrial hemp research goals. Contact us for additional information and pricing or call at (651) 221-4063.
In 2015, The Minnesota Industrial Hemp Development Act (IHDA) was passed and it is now law. Minnesota Statutes 18K defined the legal parameters of industrial hemp Hemp sativa L. Under this definition, Hemp sativa L. with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content of 0.3% by dry weight or less is legal under the Minnesota IHDA.
In 2016, the Minnesota Industrial Hemp Pilot Program (IHPP) was established by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) under the 2014 U.S. Farm Bill (Public Law 113-79). Since then, program participants have been growing and cultivating industrial hemp to meet the MDA’s research goals.
As a part of Minnesota’s IHPP, LEGEND Technical Services, Inc., St. Paul, Minnesota laboratory has obtained an MDA certificate to perform THC Compliance Testing.
LEGEND Technical Services, Inc. is an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory for testing Hemp related products and has participated in the University of Kentucky Hemp Proficiency Testing Program.
Legend Technical Services of St. Paul, Minnesota has the capability to perform testing on Hemp plant material and processed Hemp products such as CBD oil.
LEGEND has the capability to perform the following analyses to support the hemp grower and processor:
- Determination of D9-THC and THCA-A for compliance to Federal statutes.
- Determination of the cannabinoid profile including Cannabidiol (CBD), CBD-A, D9-THC and THCA-A, CBN determined by HPLC/UV. This procedure is utilized by the Hemp industry to ensure that products grown do not contain the psychoactive component (D9-THC) above the legal limit.
- Determination of residual aflatoxins to part per billion (ppb) levels by UPLC/MS/MS in the final product which can also be applied to other non-Hemp-based matrices.
- Determination of residual pesticides at ppm levels by LC-HRMS.
- Determination of the terpene profile to identify compounds that make up the final products color and flavor.
- Determination of microbiological contamination such as molds which can cause allergic reactions in some.
- Determination of Heavy metals which can identify pesticides in agricultural production.