Industrial Hemp Testing
We are a trusted laboratory located in St. Paul, Minnesota for industrial hemp testing. Our independent laboratory is A2LA accredited for cannabis testing.
Since 2015 we have been helping state agencies and industrial hemp license holders meet their research goals. In doing so, our services reflect the most proactive testing available to industrial hemp growers and processors.
- Regulatory testing for THC determined by HPLC/UV
- Potency testing for hemp-based cannabinoids CBD, CBC, CBDA, CBG, CBN, Δ9‐THC, and Δ9‐THCA determined by HPLC/UV
- Residual aflatoxins screening measured in parts-per-billion (ppb) determined by UPLC/MS/MS
- Residual pesticides screening measured in parts-per-million (ppm) determined by LC/TOF/MS or LC/MS/MS
- Residual solvents screening determined by GC/FID
- Terpene profile for identifying compounds that make up the final product color, aroma, and flavor determined by GC/MS
- Microbiological contamination screening for yeast, mold, and bacteria
- Heavy metals testing for arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury determined by ICP/OES or ICP/MS (our most common metals profile)
|2||Delta‐9 Tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9‐THC)||HPLC/UV||Cannabinoids|
|3||Cannabidiolic Acid (CBDA)||HPCL/UV||Cannabinoids|
|4||Delta 9‐Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid (Δ9‐THCA)||HPCL/UV||Cannabinoids|
SAMPLE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
1) Collect samples
These amounts are approximate for cannabinoids:
- Plant Material – Wet 10g or Dry 5g
- CBD Products – Topical/Edible – 1 unit or 5 g
- Extracts – 3g
Additional testing for Pesticides, Micro, and Mycotoxin/Aflatoxins +7 grams
2) Complete the Hemp Chain of Custody Form
- First, provide your name and billing information, industrial hemp license #, and email address.
- Label your samples and provide the sample names on the form. Then, mark each analysis to be performed for each sample.
- Choose a turnaround time. Then, provide a due by date. Rush turnaround time will be confirmed with the laboratory before sample analysis.
3) Package samples
- Package your samples using a clean container or bag.
- Sign your name and date for Relinquished By.
4) Prepare a shipment or deliver samples in person
Submit samples with the completed Chain of Custody form. We accept samples by mail or in person. For shipments, use the shipping address below:
Shipping Address/Sample Receiving:
Legend Technical Services, Inc.
Attn: Sample Receiving
88 Empire Drive
St. Paul, MN 55103
Sample Receiving Hours: M – F, 8am to 5pm
Packages delivered on Saturday or Sunday will be received the following business day.
5) Receive your results
Results and invoices will be sent to the email address provided on the Chain of Custody form.
The St. Paul, MN location is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday. This location may close during major holidays.
Sample receipt and analyses outside these hours can be arranged with prior notice.
We offer discounted pricing to clients who have the need for long-term analytical services or who have projects with substantial sample volume. For a specific price quotation, please contact our Sales Department at (651) 221-4064, or your assigned Project Manager.
Our payment terms are net 30 days from the date on the invoice (see our Credit Application for term details). VISA and Mastercard are accepted.
If a business account is not approved or provided, payment is due upon sample submission.
Current standard turnaround time (TAT) is 5 – 7 business days for most analyses based on laboratory sample load.
Rush TAT availability is dependent on laboratory capacity. Please contact your assigned Project Manager for laboratory approval. Rush surcharges are dependent on the TAT that is provided.
Analytical reports and electronic data deliverables (EDDs) may be accessed online (ClientConnect) through our secure data access portal. Reports and quality control data can be provided in various formats, including Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat PDF, and Microsoft Access. Customized EDDs can be provided for a fee, depending on the specifications.