What is asbestos?
Asbestos is a group of naturally occurring minerals whose crystals form into long, thin fibers. It has been used in thousands of products because of it's unique properties such as high tensile strength, flexibility, acoustical properties, and resistance to thermal, chemical and electrical conditions. If inhaled, asbestos can cause diseases such as lung cancer, mesothelioma and asbestosis.
Under rules set forth by the North Dakota Department of Health, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, and the EPA, all public and commercially owned properties must be inspected for asbestos before any renovation or demolition activities begin.
ASBESTOS MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Asbestos Inspections
- Abatement Specifications
- Project Design and Management
- On-Site Air Monitoring, Oversight, and PCM Analysis
- 3 Year Re-Inspections & Periodic Asbestos Surveillances
- Operations & Maintenance Program Development & Implementation
ANALYTICAL LABORATORY SERVICES
- Polarized Microscopy
- PLM Bulk Sample Analysis for Asbestos
- PCM Asbestos Fiber Analysis
- Qualitative Particle Identification
LABORATORY QUALITY ASSURANCE
LEGEND is Accredited by NVLAP (Lab Code 102081-0) and participates in Proficiency Analytical Testing through NIOSH and the AIHA-LAP, LLC.
ASBESTOS BULK SAMPLE ANALYSIS
LEGEND maintains a Full Service NVLAP (Lab Code 102081-0) Accredited Microscopy Laboratory for Rapid Turnaround Analysis of Bulk Asbestos by Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM).